The Research Analyst will be responsible for assisting with both global media monitoring, open-source research, and client support needs. The Research Analyst collaborates with team members across various industries, geographies and time zones to research, analyze and report on different media trends. The Research Analyst will also provide administrative support to the Program Manager and internal staff on an as-needed basis.
The following is an estimated breakdown of daily duties. Please note these estimates could shift based on evolving client and/or administrative demands:
- Remain current on international news and events as well as USG activities and shifting foreign policies that affect TRG clients;
- Provide media monitoring services of real-time global news developments.
- Employ data mining tools to conduct open-source research on a variety of political, military, economic, and security developments for both internal and client consumption.
- Offer suggestions and direction from analysis to help guide decision-makers;
- Draft open source intelligence (OSINT) and communications products as needed;
- Take minutes and track progress on action items for both client and internal meetings;
- Perform quality assurance review of deliverables on an as-needed basis;
- Perform industry research using publicly available data sources;
- Research new data gathering and analysis techniques as needed;
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to provide expertise and insight;
- Provide other ad hoc support for both internal staff and clients on an as-needed basis;
- Observe all rules, regulations, and codes of employee conduct as established by the federal government and TRG.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs/Relations, Public Relations, Communications, Business, Marketing, and/or other related field.
- Expertise in MS Office software.
- Current knowledge of and/or ability to quickly learn data mining, media monitoring and analysis tools such as LexisNexis, Talkwalker, TVEyes, AP Planner, Cision, Prowly, Tableau and TweetDeck, among others.
- Experience performing various forms of open-source intelligence (OSINT) research.
- Outstanding writing, editing and general communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and work both independently and as part of a collaborative Team, across different platforms.
- Ability to oversee projects when needed, including but not limited to management and oversight of deliverables, deadlines, crisis response, customer service and IT requirements.
- Willingness to take initiative in problem-solving, learning new skills and technologies, collaborating with and mentoring other Team members.
- Foreign languages a plus, particularly Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and/or Bahasa.
The Research Analyst will be trained to perform the duties described above and will be provided additional training as needed for use of research tools such as LexisNexis Newsdesk, Talkwalker, TVEyes, and AP Planner, among others.
- Health insurance;
- Ten days of paid time off annually;
- Paid holidays (in the event the employee is required to work on a holiday, they will receive a comp day off to use at another time); and,
- After one year of employment, employees are eligible to contribute to a Simple Retirement Account (SRA), with the company matching up to 3% of your annual salary.
This is a full-time employee position which may require the employee to work more than 40 hours per week and/or outside standard business hours on occasion as needed. This may include weekends and holidays, based on staff absences and the company’s needs.
Work is performed primarily remotely. However, on occasion, there may be a need to report to our office in Washington, DC.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or apply at our website, www.rendon.com. Your cover letter should describe the ways you are qualified to do the work described above. We encourage interested parties to apply immediately, as we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.