Serve as part of a media watch team where you’ll monitor real-time news developments and conduct open-source research on a variety of topics and subjects of interest to a federal client.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs/Relations, Public Relations, Communications, Business, Marketing, and/or other related field.
- Expertise in MS Office software.
- Current knowledge of and/or ability to quickly learn data mining, media monitoring and analysis tools such as LexisNexis, TVEyes, AP Planner, and TweetDeck, among others.
- Experience performing various forms of open-source intelligence (OSINT) research.
- Outstanding writing, editing and general communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and work both independently and as part of a collaborative Team, across different platforms.
The Media Analyst will be trained to perform the duties described above and will be provided additional training as needed for use of research tools such as LexisNexis Newsdesk, Talkwalker, TVEyes, and AP Planner, among others.
This is a part-time contract position at an estimated 16-24 hours per week. This may include weekends and holidays, based on staff absences and the company’s needs. Typical shift options: 6am-2pmET SAT/SUN, 10am-6pmET MON/WED/FRI, etc. Please state in cover letter what days you’d be available to work part-time.
While our offices are located in Washington, DC, work is performed remotely however TRG office work stations are available to DC metro residents if preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or apply at our website, www.rendon.com. Your cover letter should describe the ways you are qualified to do the work described above. We encourage interested parties to apply immediately, as we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.