The Program Manager will be responsible for leading a team of six (06) analysts in the collection of news media and production of 12 comprehensive news digests and an average of 150 real-time news alerts per week. The Program Manager performs quality assurance review on deliverables, trains new analysts, troubleshoots technical issues, acts as primary POC for the client, and produces weekly progress reports for CEO and upper management. The Program Manager also provides coverage for analysts when other coverage is not available, including periodic weekend and overnight shifts. The Program Manager also will provide other ad hoc support, including but not limited to:
- Conduct research and analysis and provide other ad hoc support for both internal staff and clients on an as-needed basis.
- Collaborate on or perform a variety of other tasks, including, but not limited to, drafting business proposals, editing client products, and updating the company website.
- Attend internal administrative meetings or perform other administrative functions.
Candidates should have staff management and client service experience, outstanding research and communication skills, a strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team, using different platforms.
- Supervise team of six (06) analysts.
- Oversee production of deliverables and provide quality assurance review.
- Monitor delivery of news digests and troubleshoot technical issues when they arise.
- Recruit and hire new analysts as needed.
- Produce training materials and lead training of new analysts.
- Provide coverage for analysts when other coverage is not available, including periodic weekend or overnight shifts.
- Update templates and guidelines as needed.
- Produce weekly stoplight report for CEO and upper management.
- Leadership: Ability to lead a multinational team of six analysts, working 24/7/363 days per year, overseeing production of deliverables, deadlines, crisis response, customer service and IT requirements.
- Research & Analysis: Ability to perform deep research and provide analysis of the open-source environment using Google, TweetDeck, TVEyes, and AP Planner.
- Editing: Ability to edit documents efficiently and accurately, according to client guidelines.
- Multitasking: Ability to perform critical job tasks simultaneously and respond in a timely manner to ongoing staff discussions via third party communication platforms (e.g. WhatsApp, Slack, etc).
- Technical: Ability to troubleshoot delivery and other technical issues. Proficiency in Google applications strongly desired.
The Program Manager will be trained in the client requirements, research methods, and technology unique to the Program.
The person in this role may at times be asked to work hours that fall outside normal business hours, including occasional overnight, weekend, and/or holiday shifts. The person in this position will also sometimes be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Health insurance
- Ten days of paid time off annually
- Paid holidays (in the event the employee is required to work on a holiday, they will receive a comp day off to use at another time)
- After one year of employment, employees are eligible to contribute to a Simple Retirement Account (SRA), with the company matching up to 3% of your annual salary.
Work is performed primarily remotely. However, on occasion, there may be a need to report to our office or to clients located in Washington, DC.
To apply, please fill out our online job application and attach a brief cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should describe the ways you are qualified to do the work described above. We encourage interested parties to apply immediately, as we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.